[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Q:Is there still a place in our world for stories that begin with Once upon a time...? : Writers' Block Party • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Q:Is there still a place in our world for stories that begin with Once upon a time...?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Gooblink
Major General

RE: Q:Is there still a place in our world for stories that begin with Once upon a time...?

Postby Gooblink » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:46 pm

My kids rented a Bionicle movie. If you don't know, Bionicles are a Lego creation, Sci-Fi stuff....

Anyway, it begins something like, "Long ago, in a time before time." And I kind of like that line.

marcus_u
Private First Class

RE: Q:Is there still a place in our world for stories that begin with Once upon a time...?

Postby marcus_u » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:19 pm

Thanks pals,

I feel reassured on this.

Thank you,
~Marcus:

dreamwriter

Postby dreamwriter » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:51 am

i believe " Once upon a time " still has a place in today's stories
say perhaps, in a parody of a real life event

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:53 am

All of the stories I tell my six-year-old at night begin with "Once upon a time...".  If I forget the phrase, I'm reminded to say it.  He loves it when they start that way.

jmar2
Major General

Postby jmar2 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Yes there is Marcus, and if all you writers jump on down to the Critique forum, I am throwing down the gauntlet: a 500 word, or less, story that has to begin "Once Upon A Time"

John

marcus_u
Private First Class

Postby marcus_u » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:38 am

jmar2
Major General

Postby jmar2 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:11 am

Ahh, that's the beauty of the critique forum.  It's all practice!

John

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:13 am

Marcus - I wrote mine in the reply box on the forum.  Yours will certainly be more "tweaked" than that. 

You started this, you know.

Come on, now!  Let's see your post!

Ancient Mariner
Lieutenant

Postby Ancient Mariner » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:07 am

You certainly struck a chord with me. It is my considered opinion that this old world sure does need a few stories that start, "Once upon a time....," and have happy ending; because, there sure hasn't been very much happiness around lately.

Maybe we could start a trend with some clean, old fashioned story telling, with easy to identify "goodies" and "baddies".

Think I'll consider some....
Ancient Mariner

Previous

Return to Writers' Block Party