[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Q:Your opinion, the Ultimate Boys, Girls, Man, Woman Movie/Story? : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Q:Your opinion, the Ultimate Boys, Girls, Man, Woman Movie/Story?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
marcus_u
Private First Class

Postby marcus_u » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:55 pm

marcus_u
Private First Class

Postby marcus_u » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:55 pm

Hello,

I was wondering what do you feel is the ultimate film or story of the last 500 years for boys, men, girls and women.

I'd prefer if guys answer the guy film/story question and girls offer the story or film that most moved them in the last 500 years.

And hey, could we skip with the political correctness on this one and get to some honesty. No "Citizen Kane" answers please.

I'll offer my shot even though my palette has evolved from this over age i still must say good ol'

Star Wars was probably the ultimate boys, young mans adventure of my era.

Not quite sure on the Man film part of it.

Ladies what do you remember as girls really moving you and now as women.

Thanks,
Marcus:)

Aspiring

RE: Q:Your opinion, the Ultimate Boys, Girls, Man, Woman Movie/Story?

Postby Aspiring » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:03 pm

Little Women, read in 5th grade, had a huge impact on me. The Secret Garden was a close second.

My Husband would say Lord of the Rings.

At least one of my sons would say Star Wars.

wrtrsblck

Postby wrtrsblck » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:07 pm

So many,many choices. I can tell you my ultimate movie/book would be Gone With the Wind, My Husband says Lord of the Rings for him and my 2 year-old son adores Star Wars. I also love Jane Eyre, and Under the Tuscan Sun. I guess I really love storylines built around strong women.

Prof Durden
Private First Class

Postby Prof Durden » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:40 pm

I may be biased, but the ultimate guy book is, and will probably forever be; Fight Club.

marcus_u
Private First Class

Postby marcus_u » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:51 pm

marcus_u
Private First Class

Postby marcus_u » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:53 pm

marcus_u
Private First Class

Postby marcus_u » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:02 pm

I should add or clarify what do you think is the ultimate per gender story/film taking into consideration the world as a whole as well as perhaps a touch of your own opinion.

I mean I LOVE "The Hidden Fortress" Kurosawa, but I can't consider that the Ultimate on a grand scale. To few would consider it a part of their conciousness today.

Many of your answers have been great and I worship and adore you for them.

However, think on a global scale, think of all the people in the world PLUS you. Not just you you you.

I'm sure I could log all kinds of hardly seen flicks or barely read books but I mention SW because we all know almost any guy has seen at least one of the SW films and liked something from it.

These answers are to serve an art song/ song writing project. I want inspirational sources that I can flowchart songs from based on their source.

Like for young guys I can build songs from the emotional experiences of the protag in SW.

For older men, eh not quite sure yet.

I've been reminded by the lady posters about Secret Garden, Little Women, and Gone with the Wind, thats a perfect example. Those are perspectives I would NEVER have man-guessed at. I tried to think of the ultimate dreamy story women experience and entered into a haze.

Keep 'em coming you awesome folks you!!! :)

Marcus:)

JessicaLeigh
Lieutenant

Postby JessicaLeigh » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:39 pm

I, despite being a girl, LOVED Star Wars in the 1970s and as an adult, my husband & I have not missed one midnight showing of the latest Lucas releases (Episodes I, II, and III).

Having admitted that...ha, ha...both the book and the film of To Kill A Mockingbird are profound (to girls or boys).

Curious
Lieutenant

Postby Curious » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:33 pm

Ultimate girl's story of my day: the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Now that they've been augmented by a series of books about her mother, grandmother, daughter, etc., I'd say they hold their own with this generation, too. And it's not a movie, but my teen daughters would probably vote for Gilmore Girls as the real "woman's show." My husband can't stand to sit through an entire episode. The few men we know who love it tend to lie in public about it and blame any episodes lying around the apartment on their girlfriends.

I adored Fight Club, the movie. Don't look at me like that--it's hysterical! From my XX perspective, it does indeed seem like it would be the ultimate guy thing.

Clare

Next

Return to Writers' Block Party