One-month celebrations

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Administrator1
Lieutenant

One-month celebrations

Postby Administrator1 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:14 am

Administrator1
Lieutenant

One-month celebrations

Postby Administrator1 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:14 am

In this week's newsletter, we asked readers to stop by the Forum to share their writing accomplishments since January 1. Take a moment to enjoy your successes and tell us what's working for you this year.

gracie

RE: One-month celebrations

Postby gracie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:16 am

This is probably a VERY stupid question... but is this where we post our accomplishments? Or is there another forum you're talking about? (I didn't get the newsletter)

Administrator1
Lieutenant

Postby Administrator1 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:18 am

Yes, you can post your accomplishments here.

The newsletter will be out later today. If you'd like, you can add your e-mail address to the list here to receive the weekly e-newsletter.

dreamwriter

Postby dreamwriter » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:23 pm

i don't know how much of an accomplishment this is
but i've started writing
not every day as i had planned
but at least 5 out of 7 days
it's hard to break my habit, of getting home from work
turning on the tv, turning on the computer
and just sit in my chair and watch/surf
the other day i realized that 5 hours had gone by
and i had done nothing
one of my favorite sayings was
DO SOMETHING
POSITIVE AND PRODUCTIVE ..TODAY !!
so i guess a major accomplishment is knowing that
something must change if i want to be a writer

gracie

Postby gracie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:47 pm

This month I won my first writing contest, taking first place in the Scribes Valley 2005 short story contest with my short story "Nona." I also completed a new 5000 word short story that I'm very pleased with, submitted a couple of short stories to contests, entered a "first chapter" contest (with the first chapter of my WIP: a chick-lit murder mystery), and launched myself fearfully into Middle Book Hell with same novel.

Not a bad month, all told. I'm looking forward to great things all year!
Cheers ~
Claire

wrtrsblck

Postby wrtrsblck » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:17 pm

Since the beginining of the year I have written a little something everyday. I actually have three stories currently in the works. I will be interested to see which one is completed first. :)

alannajoyklapp
Private E-1

Postby alannajoyklapp » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:45 pm

I wrote a CD review for a friend's band. My deadline was February 1, and I finished on January 27. It's posted on cd.baby.com. Burning River Band, "1000 Miles," check it out! Music always helps me to write. :)

Prof Durden
Private First Class

Postby Prof Durden » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:49 pm

Got two short stories, one fiction, one non, published. Started three different other stories, which could pan out into full blown novels. Entered a writing contest, which I managed to make to the final rounds in. So yeah, this year aint been too bad for me writin.

Georganna
Brigadier General

Postby Georganna » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:14 pm

Let's see, in January I managed to write the second in a series of eBooks on Effective Websites for Writers, convert it to a .PDF file, upload it to Payloadz, and start selling it online (which required redesigning the sales page and writing sales copy); wrote at least a blog post a day to Writer's Edge (and I do consider my blog writing as serious and legitimate writing); spent way too much time posting on fora like this; produced an effective Google AdWords ad (shorter IS harder!); designed a graphic and print ad for a newsletter; while walking my daily mile, composed an elegant poem on winter in southern California and forgot it by the time I reached home; and scribbled and sent about 350 email messages. Whew!  No wonder I'm tired.

Next

Return to Writers' Block Party