[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Q:Non-Religious English Literary Work as Timeless as KJV Bible? : Writers' Block Party • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Q:Non-Religious English Literary Work as Timeless as KJV Bible?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
bongobro
Private E-2

RE: Q:Non-Religious English Literary Work as Timeless as KJV Bible?

Postby bongobro » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:28 pm

Whoa, bro--you don't ask for much, do you? ;)

Don't know the copyright status on this one, but this occurred to me as I was typing: "A man's reach should exceed his grasp/Or what's a heaven for?"

I WAS going to suggest Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, but specification #6 (about humping a goat) may rule that one out, since some of the characters do get a bit raunchy, if I recall...

If I come up with something, I'll let you know...but you could be jousting at windmills (come to think of it, what's the copyright status on Don Quixote, "Man of LaMancha" notwithstanding?)!

Later on!

Charlie

Keepin' the beat goin'...

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:06 pm

bongobro
Private E-2

Postby bongobro » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:02 pm

James:

Thanks for clarifying a question I had myself about copyright status...

marcus u, to borrow from my usual sign-off, keep the search goin', bro!

--------
Charlie

Charles Geer
geerbox@charter.net

Previous

Return to Writers' Block Party