Anybody hear of Grossman & Holmes Literary Agency?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Aspiring
Lieutenant

Postby Aspiring » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:03 am

Aspiring
Lieutenant

Postby Aspiring » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:03 am

I'm trying to target literary agents who represent cozy mysteries, and there aren't many. There's a new one, Grossman & Holmes, co-owned by Jo Grossman, a mystery writer herself. The agency and agent/writer are not on Predators & Editors or in Writers Market, so I'm wary. I searched and didn't come up with anything beside their website and numerous items on her books. Anyone have any knowledge of the agency/suggestions?

Sheri
Private E-2

RE: Anybody hear of Grossman & Holmes Literary Agency?

Postby Sheri » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:50 pm

Susan,

I have never heard of this agency but of coarse there are many other agencies that I have not heard of.

You can try asking for a client list. Some agencies will provide you with one of these that tells you who they've represented and the book titles they've sold for these clients.

I have come across a couple of agencies who were not willing to give out such a list, claiming that other writers have unfortunately "bothered" their clients asking them for details or a foot-in.

When I would get this reply, I would just move on. After all, we all want to know who we are dealing with, right?

Good luck to you!

Sheri
:)

Aspiring
Lieutenant

RE: Anybody hear of Grossman & Holmes Literary Agency?

Postby Aspiring » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:03 am

Good idea. I'll try that.
Thanks.

Susan

Return to Writers' Block Party