[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Where should I start? : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Where should I start?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
swimmom3

Where should I start?

Postby swimmom3 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:05 pm

swimmom3

Where should I start?

Postby swimmom3 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:05 pm

I am thinking about taking some online writing courses, but don't know where to start. I am interested in writing contemporary romance (the brain candy kind of stuff that allows the reader to escape from real life for a short period of time). Do I take a course that focuses solely on the romance novel or do I need something more basic first?

I took an online creative writing course through a local college several years ago. The exercises were interesting but it didn't help to move along my ideas. I'd like to find something to help keep my focus on my story lines and how to tie everything together.

What are your thoughts?

Ellen
Sergeant First Class

RE: Where should I start?

Postby Ellen » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:12 pm

I am taking writing course from LongRidgeWritersGroup and my instructor is good at writing romance. Her name is Terri Valentine. I can't contact her directly since our communication is through LongRidge. I think you may search internet and put her name in the search column to find how to contact her. Good luck.

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:27 am

Administrator1
Lieutenant

Postby Administrator1 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:53 am

We offer a romance-writing course through WritersOnlineWorkshops.com. The next class starts on Feb. 23. (Terri Valentine is one of our instructors, too.) You can find more information here.

I'm not sure how LongRidge works; but we keep our enrollment small, so you get individual feedback on each assignment from the instructors.

Best of luck with your writing.

Return to Writers' Block Party