Websites?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MReeder
Private E-1

Websites?

Postby MReeder » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:54 pm

MReeder
Private E-1

Websites?

Postby MReeder » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:54 pm

I am in the process of experimenting with a website. mjreeder.com
Is this a good idea or bad idea for exposing my work?

Georganna
Brigadier General

RE: Websites?

Postby Georganna » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:28 pm

Hi Marty,

You're off to a great start.  I love the line in your bio that reads, " I am a lover and a fighter; a musician and a writer."  Are you a poet, too?

For a writer, a well-designed website is always a good idea.  If you could do the "experimenting" offline, it would be better. 

The quotation from Proverbs in your signature is new to me, but very mature for someone of your apparent age (I trust your photo is recent).  If you're having any particular problem with your website, I'd be happy to advise.  I look forward to seeing that ugly table on the index page replaced with something more attractive.  If you have nothing else to put there, how about moving the bio material (and lots more text to attract search engines) to the first page and linking to the "archive" on another?

Good luck!

MReeder
Private E-1

RE: Websites?

Postby MReeder » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:10 pm

There is also a verse in Proverbs that says, "Frankness of Bluntness is a blessing." Thank you for your comment on my "ugly table." UR right, that thing is hideous. I didn't see it because I was to busy learning html. I took your suggestion to heart, I changed the website, and I thank you for it. I still don't know what to do with that table,...I'll think of something. Meanwhile, I've got to get writing...too much html...
thank you.

Return to Writers' Block Party