Plot help -- ???

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Clicky
Private E-2

Plot help -- ???

Postby Clicky » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:22 pm

Clicky
Private E-2

Plot help -- ???

Postby Clicky » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:22 pm

Hey, Clicky here! I haven't been on for a while! lol
Ok, well I got this idea today in my 5th Period Science class when we were talking about igneous rocks. Yea, I know your bored already but I really do need help. Here is my really vague outline:

This takes place in old Finland. When there was kings and queens and magic everywhere. The main character Gabbro (named after some igneous rock...), friends with another teenager (they are both around fourteen) Feldspar (yet another igneous rock i think...i just like their names!!!) and together they are sent together to trek across Magical Finland. But the problem is...i don't know what the 'Great Trek' should be. Like, who sends them or what is they reason? to save someone??? I really need some creative ideas. Please, if you would like to add ANY ideas for this story...PLZ post. Thank You soooo much!!!

liz

PS
(there is also a character called Rhyolite...u guessed it...its another igneous rock)

jmar2
Major General

RE: Plot help -- ???

Postby jmar2 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:04 am

Hi Liz, 'bout time you gave up school and got back here. Nice to have your wild imagination back with us.

What would be important enough to you and two of your friends that you would leave home to trek down the fijords and across the glaciers, etc.?

How about a fourth friend, one who has somehow gotten very sick, and the only way out is by the placing of three special stones into their empty slots in the village square? Sure it's been used before, but so have a lot of stories.

Let us know how it goes...

John

Aspiring
Lieutenant

Postby Aspiring » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:19 am

Ok how about there's a fifth friend who's some low-level wizard who is really a bad guy but they don't know it. He actually makes the one friend sick, unbeknownst to the others, and sends them on the trek to get all the stones placed together because it will actually give him greater power. The stones get placed together, the wizard gets greater power, but the four friends (the sick one restored to health after the placing of the stones) save the day in some kind of commotion/confrontation?

Just some thoughts. I love plot twists. Also love the names -- I can see how igneous rocks inspired you!

Good luck with the rocks and the story, and have fun writing.

Clicky
Private E-2

Postby Clicky » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:56 am

Thanks you guys...'wild imagination'??? lol ;)

the ideas are really great!!! (yes igneous rocks have really inspiried (sp?) me!!!) I like both of yours, and thanks sooo much for posting. I will surely use ur ideas

elsalzo
Corporal

Postby elsalzo » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:54 pm

Or you could have them travel back in time to help stop the magical Soviet invasion.

elsalzo
Corporal

Postby elsalzo » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:57 pm

They could stake out the Soviets' campfires at night, which offers an excellent dilemma if you were to put a few chapters from the perspective of a WW2 Russo conscript. Either risk going near the fire for warmth, or risk freezing to death...

A good dilemma always makes for a solid story.

You could name the soviet conscript "Coal," so the reader doesn't get too attached to him, and there would be the neat irony in that Coal is freezing to death.

I'm having so much fun helping I may just steal your idea and write it up myself.

Clicky
Private E-2

Postby Clicky » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:58 am

lol thanks you guys!!! I have started to write down ideas in my writing journal for the story, and everyones ideas are in there. I can't wait to start the first chapter, maybe you guys can help me critique it when i am downe some of it!!! After all, you guys do have more experience probably and I do sometimes need help on organizing things!!!!

thanks again!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Return to Writers' Block Party