[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MSNusers pictures : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

MSNusers pictures

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Curious
Lieutenant

MSNusers pictures

Postby Curious » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 am

Curious
Lieutenant

MSNusers pictures

Postby Curious » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 am

Lisa, did you just delete your default picture?

I was just running an experiment to see where I got that MSN Communities popup that we've been complaining about. It showed up the minute the broken link to your picture downloaded from MSNusers. Threads without that broken link didn't trigger the popup. THEN--lo and behold, your broken link was gone, and so was the popup altogether!

On behalf of XP users everywhere, I'd like to express my thanks.

Clare

Curious
Lieutenant

RE: MSNusers pictures

Postby Curious » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:07 am

Nope--now the broken-link picture is back, and so is the popup. Maybe MSNusers was just down for a few minutes.

Clare

jmar2
Major General

Postby jmar2 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:29 am

Hi Clare.

Have you tried disabling the MSN communicator in the control panel?

I believe you can also uninstall it.

John

Curious
Lieutenant

Postby Curious » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:32 am

I did, and Windows doesn't want to let me do it. Nor is support.microsoft.com any help (natch!)

Clare

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:52 am

No, but I'll delete it now.  If it takes care of the problem, let me know.  How sad if it's been my stupid picture that's caused the problem for you guys - and how rotten of MSN to attach some popup to my personal photo if that is the case!

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:54 am

Curious
Lieutenant

Postby Curious » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:57 am

BLESS YOU, Lisa! That annoying dialog box seems to have gone.

Thank you for taking care of it in a way that didn't require me to change the fibre of my computer's little being. Ugly things happen when a Windows program gets yanked out of Windows. It might have hemorrhaged ones and oh's all over my workstation!

Clare

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:26 am

I'm just annoyed I was the unwitting carrier of a pop-up ad!  So sorry for any who suffered through them.

Aspiring
Lieutenant

Postby Aspiring » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:04 pm

That seems to have done the trick for me too! Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience on your end.

Next

Return to Writers' Block Party