Tampa Self-Published Group

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
AZK
Private E-1

Postby AZK » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:35 pm

AZK
Private E-1

Postby AZK » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:35 pm

Hi,

I'm a self-published author and I would like to form a writer's group - specifically, for self-published writers in the Tampa area.

The group's purpose would be to support the sales and promotion efforts of writers hoping to sell their books.

It seems like everyone is trying to sell us writers something - when what we really want is to sell them our writing. I subscribe to the idea that you are a success when you stop writing checks and people start writing checks to you.

Right now I live in the Raleigh, NC area but, I will be moving to Tampa this summer. I would like to have interested writers contact me before hand.

I have no details or solid game-plan, it is just an idea right now. I am hoping that everyone will help give the idea form.

My alternative email is: Azeperak@yahoo.com

RightersBlok
Private E-1

RE: Tampa Self-Published Group

Postby RightersBlok » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:29 am

Even though you're not in the area yet, I'm still goin' to welcome you.

Welcome to Florida!

I also wanted to pass along that we have a wonderful writer's group here in Tampa. We meet monthly at the Barnes & Noble for workshops and the critique group meets bi-weekly. There are some self-published authors in the group. You can check out the Florida Writers Association at:

http://www.floridawriters.net/

I hope this helps with your transition.

Return to Writers' Block Party