[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Ads next to scroll bar : Writers' Block Party • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Ads next to scroll bar

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jasipper
Brigadier General

RE: Ads next to scroll bar

Postby jasipper » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:27 am

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:31 am

I've got a couple of cartons of eggs... where does he live?!?

jmar2
Major General

Postby jmar2 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:33 am

No sore nerve, you don't need to point and drag to scroll.  Your arrow keys or page down keys take you up and down the page.   If you use the keys instead of scrolling, then ads don't matter. 

Not sure what the Prof was referring to actually.  Though in truth I do have sore nerve on right elbow - which is why I use the keys.  I am typical old fart who's stayed too long at the keyboard.

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:34 am

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:07 pm

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:09 pm

Aspiring

Postby Aspiring » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:36 am

While we're on the subject of annoyances here, I keep getting this pop up for msncommunities.com. It only happens when I'm here and I can't figure out how to disable it. It comes up every few minutes and is driving me crazy. Am I missing something here?

YarnSpinner
Private First Class

Postby YarnSpinner » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:41 am

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:01 am

I added the popup blocker to my antivirus package this year, and it seems to get all of them.  Well worth the money!

Aspiring

Postby Aspiring » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:10 am

I have a popup blocker, and it doesn't happen anywhere else (there it just was again :( ) but here on this site. It's so obnoxious.

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party