WD Competition notification but past deadlines

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
nextphase
Private E-1

WD Competition notification but past deadlines

Postby nextphase » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Can someone explain why we are receiving email notifications to submit for the WD Competition but it is past the deadlines?

ostarella
Lieutenant

Re: WD Competition notification but past deadlines

Postby ostarella » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Have you contacted WD directly?

nextphase
Private E-1

Postby nextphase » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:53 pm

Thank you. No, I am not aware of how to do that.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:23 am

The only thing I could find which would explain any emails would be if you subscribed to the Competition Newsletter. That would include deadlines for all their contests. There are several which have deadlines in 2018, one still open for 2017. Which of the contests were you looking at?

Under "contact us", the email for questions about competitions is WritersDigestWritingCompetition@fwmedia.com

nextphase
Private E-1

Postby nextphase » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:12 pm

THank you very much for this. I ended up figuring it out. The issue is that the notification emails about the competitions do not just link to the competitions still open for submission. It just brings you to the competition section where, when you look through the competitions, the majority of them are past the submission dates which you only know when you click on the title to open them and there are many so it takes time. Eventually, it is possible to find the ones where submission is still open for the competition late 2018.

Return to Writers' Block Party