In every issue of WD we give readers a chance to get published via the Your Story contest. Here’s the latest contest prompt from our January 2013 issue (which also features a stirring interview with the funny and wise novelist Lee Child):
A man who lives alone sees a set of footprints leading away from his house the morning after a heavy snowfall.
Want in? Post your story in the Comments section below, and it’ll automatically be entered in the competition.
The fine print:
- Your story must be 750 words or fewer, no exceptions.
- The deadline is Jan. 14, 2013. [Update: If you submit in the Comments section below, you have until 11:59 p.m., Jan. 16.]
- One entry per person, please.
- How it all works: We’ll select the top five entries and post them on our forum. In late January, readers will vote for their favorite to help determine the winner.
- This is a free writing competition. The prize is publication in WD.
- You can also submit your story via the online form here.
- Finally, as we say about this contest in the magazine: “You can be funny, poignant, witty, etc. It is, after all, your story.”
Good luck! Here’s to a new year of writing.
Looking to fulfill your resolution to write a book in 2013?
Look no further than the Getting Started in Writing Premium Collection, which includes several books and ebooks, and two on-demand webinars.