You’ve probably read the reports that some bestselling books now sell as many e-book editions as print editions, at least through outlets such as Amazon.
With the wider adoption of e-book reading devices, authors such as JA Konrath have been making a pretty penny by releasing their own e-books and keeping all profits for themselves.
But would such a path work for you? I’m teaching an online class on exactly that this Thursday.
The class is called “Do Your E-Book Right (and Start Making Money),”
and will be held at 1p EST, Thursday, Feb. 24, 2011. It’s 90
minutes. Every registration comes with access to the archived recording,
so you do not need to attend the live event to see the presentation.
is a 90-minute intensive tutorial regarding everything you need to get
started in e-publishing your work. The industry has exploded with new
and free opportunities to help you publish your work electronically, at
little or no cost to you. You’ll learn how to get visibility for your work by
using online services that make your work available on major e-reading
platforms such as Kindle, Nook, and iPad. You’ll get a tour of how these
sites work and how writers are using them to move their career forward.
While e-publishing doesn’t equal instant success (if you build it, they
may NOT come), you’ll learn the principles behind the successful
creation and distribution of an e-book. Sign up here!
What you’ll learn:
- What services are available to distribute your e-book, plus what you can expect from these services, and how they turn a profit
- How to make your book available on Kindle, Nook, iPad, and most reading devices in use today
- If and when you’re endangering the future potential of your work by making it available electronically
- The technical skill required and how/when to use a professional to help you convert your work into different formats
- 3 essential factors that impact your e-book sales
- How to appropriately price your work
- Critical strategies for marketing and promoting your e-books
- How to decide when it’s time to seek traditional publishing options
- A list of trusted resources to help you after the webinar.
You’ll also have the opportunity to ask as many questions as you like during the live session. Any questions not answered during the 90 minutes will still receive a response via e-mail.