Judging is complete and here are the winners for
the third “Dear Lucky Agent” contest, which focused on paranormal romance and urban fantasy writing.
Congratulations to all winners! We had about 300 entries, which was great.
The current contest happening as of this week (March 22, 2010) is a contest for the worst storyline you can come up with. The next agent-judged “Dear Lucky Agent” contest will start anywhere from a few days from now to two weeks. Stay tuned!
GRAND-PRIZE WINNER: Taming Raven,
by Kitty Ducane.
FOUR RUNNERS-UP (the judge chose 4): I Heart Moonlake, by Brandi Baughman; In the Aether, by Amanda Sabourov; Colors Like Memories, by Meradeth Snow; and The Stranger Inside, by Melanie Marks.
YOUR AGENT JUDGE: Joanna Stampfel-Volpe is an agent with Nancy Coffey Literary. Books she’s repped include:
Pieces of Sky, by Kaki Warner. This award-winning, Romantic Times Top Pick debut novel is the first book in Warner’s Blood Rose trilogy (Berkley, January 2010)
Haunting Emma, Book One: Deception by Lee Nichols (Bloomsbury Children’s, June 2010)
The Town that Food Saved: How One Community Found Vitality in Local Food by Ben Hewitt (Rodale, March 2010)
Want more information?
- 5 Signs a Literary Agent is a Good Match For You.
- See examples of Successful Queries that agents liked.
- Check out The Writer’s Digest Guide to Query Letters.
- How to Write a Synopsis for a Novel.
- Facebook, Twitter and Literary Agents.
- Confused about formatting? Check out Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript.
- Read about What Agents Hate: Chapter 1 Pet Peeves.
- Want the most complete database of agents and what genres they’re looking for? Buy the 2011 Guide to Literary Agents today!