If you’ve ever been told that “you should really write a book about your life” and you’ve decide to give it a try, this webinar is for you! Instructor and literary agent Regina Brooks will hone in on the three key measures necessary for aspiring authors to conceptualize and pitch their memoir to an agent or editor.
It’s all part of Regina’s webinar on Jan. 6, 2014 called “You Should Really Write a Memoir: Writing, Selling, and Marketing Your Memoir.” It lasts 90 minutes, and starts at 1 p.m., EST, Thursday, Jan. 6. All attendees will get a critique of their memoir proposal. Don’t forget at least four literary agents have signed writers after seeing their work as part of a WD webinar or boot camp.
ABOUT THE CRITIQUE
You are invited to submit a proposal for you memoir. All submissions will be critiqued by literary agent Regina Brooks. Regina reserves the right to ask for more materials if she deems your proposal excellent.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The six major memoir categories, and what works in each genre
- The key elements of working with a ghost writer and/or collaborator
- The key elements of a proposal for a memoir
- How to strengthen your own memoir proposal
- How to develop a strong hook for your memoir. Sign up for Regina’s webinar here.
Regina Brooks is the founder and president of Serendipity Literary Agency LLC. Her agency has represented and established a diverse base of award-winning clients in adult and young adult fiction, nonfiction, and children’s literature. Her authors have appeared in USA TODAY, NY TIMES and the Washington Post as well as on Oprah, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX, MSBNC, TV ONE, BET and a host of others.
She has held senior editorial positions at John Wiley and Sons and McGraw-Hill companies. Brooks is the author of the titles Writing Great Books For Young Adults (Source Books) and You Should Really Write A Book: How To Write, Sell And Market Your Memoir (St. Martin’s Press). She has edited over 100 titles. She is on the faculty of Harvard University’s publishing course. She has been highlighted in global media and TV outlets including ABC News, CW, Forbes, Poets and Writers, Publishers Weekly, The Writer, Media Bistro, Essence, Ebony, Writers Digest Magazine, The Writer, Jet, Uptown Magazine, and Rolling Out. She was named Woman of the Year by The National Association of Professional Women. Brooks is also the founder of Possibiliteas, a tea company that develops tea blends for creative minds. She is a pilot and a member of the Association of Author Representatives and New York Women in Film and Television. Sign up for Regina’s webinar here.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who feel they have a personal story to tell and want to get it published
- Writers who need help developing a proposal for their memoir
- Writers who will be pitching their concept at a conference
- Writers are “relatively unknown” and have been rejected because of their limited platform
- Writers who want to learn more about how to impress an agent or editor