Thrillers are enormously popular today, constantly appearing on bestseller lists every week. To write them successfully you need more than a penchant for action—you must understand the foundations of what makes the best thrillers work every time. So why not get advice from a published thriller author who also teaches on writing and structure?
The result is the new webinar, “Writing the Thriller: The Secrets to Keeping Readers Up All Night,” at 4 p.m., EST, Thursday, Aug. 8. 2013. It lasts 90 minutes. By the time this webinar is over, attendees will understand what keeps readers turning the pages, common writing pitfalls in the genre, and how to attract the interest of thriller agents & editors.
In this webinar you’ll learn:
- The key to creating high stakes
- How to create characters that readers will root for
- The secret of scenes that are full of conflict and tension
- Techniques bestselling authors use to keep readers turning pages
- How to open a thriller
- How to end a thriller. Sign up for the webinar here.
James Scott Bell has written several bestselling thrillers, including the Christy Award Winning Final Witness and the International Thriller Writers Award finalist, One More Lie. He is also the author of the #1 bestselling book for writers, Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure, and Conflict & Suspense, both from Writer’s Digest Books. His website is www.jamesscottbell.com
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are aiming for bestselling status
- Writers who enjoy reading and writing thrillers
- Editors who want to deepen their understanding of the genre