Sometimes you hear people mention writing how they worked with a “writing coach.” But then you wonder: What does a writing coach do? How do they help? Well, luckily for us, a real writing coach—Nina Munteanu—is offering a free webinar to talk about the craft and business of writing, as well as storytelling and inspiration in general.
You can find the free, on-demand webinar here (it’s like a podcast with images).
Here’s the gist: Nina, the writing coach, is offering to teach you some things about writing for free. She will also answer some frequently asked questions that came straight from Writer’s Digest.
- What resources and tools do you recommend for writers?
- What types of classes or writing groups do you recommend?
- Which do you think aren’t worth the time?
- How do I make sure I maintain the right level of objectivity when I’m writing about things I’m passionate about?
- How do you balance plot and characters in your story?
- What are the elements of a strong hero? What are the elements of a strong villain?
- How do I know if my story moves too slowly or too quickly? How do I fix it?
- How do you weave in theme within a story?
- How do you choose the right point of view for your story?
- Should I outline before I begin writing a story?
- Where should I begin when I’m revising?
- How do you promote your work?
- How do you know when you’re story is ready to submit?
- How do you know which markets are best for your work?