Anyone who knows me knows that I love being a writing conference presenter. I have instructed at the Clarksville Writers Conference several times and will be back again this year. The conference is a medium-sized event filled with great people and organizers, all of whom seem to exude Southern hospitality. The Tennessee writing event is two days of workshops and presentations, and there are free appointments with the two literary agents in attendance.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Twenty-one writing workshops/presentations will be presented at Austin Peay State University on the third floor of the Morgan University Center.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
For the event, I personally recommended a pair of agents who take on a LOT of different categories — giving attendees a great chance to meet 1-2 people who rep what they write. The two agent bios:
Barbara Scott (Wordserve Literary) is actively seeking adult full-length fiction (65,000 to 100,000 words) in the following genres: women’s, romance, suspense/thriller, mystery, romantic suspense, historical, family saga, Amish, political thrillers, mainstream and supernatural/speculative; as well as adult short contemporary and historical fiction (40,000 to 65,000 words) in the genres of romance, historical and romantic suspense. Scott is also interested in middle-grade and young adult children’s books. Nonfiction interests include: current affairs, politics, management, sales, money, home life, marriage, family, parenting, health and diet, how-to, popular culture, psychology, science, self-help, women’s issues and devotionals. Visit Barbara Scott on the web at www.wordserveliterary.com. [No longer an active agent as of fall 2013.]
Debbie Carter (Muse Literary Management) is actively seeking writers with formal training who are willing to revise. Fiction interests include literary novels and short story and poetry collections with popular appeal, mysteries/thrillers/suspense, multicultural and international fiction that is relatable to American readers. Nonfiction interests include music and the arts; fashion; NYC, American or European history; and narrative nonfiction about extraordinary people and experiences. Carter is also interested in children’s literature (picture book and up) and teens’ multicultural fiction, mysteries and thrillers, historical fiction, animal stories, fantasy grounded in reality, narrative nonfiction and serious nonfiction. Visit Debbie Carter and Muse Literary Managements on the web at www.museliterary.com.
There are plenty of editors and authors, as well. See all speakers here.
I Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events in 2015:
- June 5-6, 2015: Books in Progress Conference (Lexington, KY)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Sept. 12, 2015: Michigan Writing Workshop (Detroit, MI)
- Oct 9: San Diego Writers’ Conference (San Diego, CA)
- Oct 10: The Writing Conference of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Oct. 17, 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- Oct. 24, 2015: Indiana Writers’ Conference (Indianapolis, IN)
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.