The key to good writing is simply to keep the reader reading. Get them to turn the pages, and you’ve got a winning novel. That’s why we’ve recruited mystery/thriller writer extraordinaire Hallie Ephron to teach a webinar on “Writing and Selling a Page-Turner” on Thursday, March 17, 2011.
The webinar is at 1 p.m. EST, Thursday, March 17, 2011, and lasts 75 minutes. Keep in mind if you cannot attend the live, you can still sign up. You will receive the archived recording of the webinar to listen to, and can communicate with the instructor to ask them your personal questions. Sign up here.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Learn how to craft a mystery that’s packed with tension and suspense then sell it to agents and editors. This webinar gives you an inside look at how to craft enthralling novels that crank up the suspense and compel readers to keep turning the pages until THE END. It’s the key to hooking agents, editors and readers around the world.
In this session, Hallie will illustrate all of the critical elements necessary for crafting a tale that not only grabs readers and keeps them reading, but enables you to build an airtight mystery that delivers thrills, chills and a satisfying conclusion. Sign up here.
- The keys to planning your story, twisting the plot, and constructing a credible surprise ending
- Techniques for creating a compelling sleuth and a worthy villain
- The art of deceiving and revealing with red herrings and clues
- Guidelines for writing credible investigations, spine-tingling suspense, and dramatic action
- Revision techniques—from sharpening characters, to optimizing pace, to word selection
- How to engage every reader
- How to catch the eye of an agent or editor and sell your work!
Hallie Ephron is a writer, book reviewer, and writing instructor. She is the author of numerous mysteries and thrillers, including Never Tell a Lie (William Morrow), which has been translated into 7 languages and was nominated for multiple awards. A film adaptation is currently being shot. Hallie is also the author of the Edgar-nominated Writing & Selling Your Mystery Novel (Writer’s Digest Books) and The Everything Guide to Writing Your First Novel (Adams Media), as well as being an award-winning book reviewer for the Boston Globe, where her On Crime column appears the last Sunday of each month. Hallie’s newest hardcover suspense novel, Come and Find Me (William Morrow), hits bookstores on March 22, 2011. Sign up here.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.