A lot of writers are curious about the rise of e-books and how they can make money off new e-book opportunities. Between all the new e-readers and the sharp increases in e-book sales, these curiosities are well founded. That’s why our e-Media guru, Jane Friedman, is teaching a new webinar called “Do Your E-Book Right (and Start Making Money)” on Feb. 24, 2011.
The webinar is called “Do Your E-Book Right (and Start Making Money),” and will be held at 1 p.m., EST, Thursday, Feb. 24, 2011, and lasts 90 minutes. Every registration comes with access to the archived recording, so you do not need to attend the live event to see the presentation.
This is a 90-minute intensive tutorial regarding everything you need to get started in e-publishing your work. The industry has exploded with new and free opportunities to help you publish your work electronically, at little or no cost to you. Learn how to get visibility for your work by using online services that make your work available on major e-reading platforms such as Kindle, Nook, and iPad. You’ll get a tour of how these sites work and how writers are using them to move their career forward. While e-publishing doesn’t equal instant success (if you build it, they may NOT come), you’ll learn the principles behind the successful creation and distribution of an e-book. Sign up here!
What you’ll learn:
- What services are available to distribute your e-book, plus what you can expect from these services, and how they turn a profit
- How to make your book available on Kindle, Nook, iPad, and most reading devices in use today
- If and when you’re endangering the future potential of your work by making it available electronically
- The technical skill required and how/when to use a professional to help you convert your work into different formats
- 3 essential factors that impact your e-book sales
- How to appropriately price your work
- Critical strategies for marketing and promoting your e-books
- How to decide when it’s time to seek traditional publishing options
- A list of trusted resources to help you after the webinar. Sign up here!
As the former publisher and editorial director of Writer’s Digest, Jane Friedman is an industry authority on commercial, literary, and emerging forms of publishing. She has spoken at more than 200 writing events since 2001, and is known within the publishing industry as an innovator, cited by sources such as Publishers Weekly, GalleyCat, PBS online, and Mr. Media. Jane currently serves as a visiting professor of e-media at the University of Cincinnati, and is a contributing editor to Writer’s Digest. Since 2008, she’s offered advice for writers at her award-winning blog, There Are No Rules.
Questions? Write email@example.com.