My coworker Alice Pope actually had the scoop on this a few days ago, but I thought I should mention it here as well.Three agents from Firebrand Literary have broken off to form a new agency: Upstart Crow Literary. Strange name aside, I think the agency looks very cool. It will be headed up by Michael Stearns, who was formerly a prolific children’s book editor. Also on board are agents Chris Richman and Danielle Chiotti. Between the three of them, they handle adult fiction, lots of kids fiction, and some nonfiction, too.One thing you should check out immediately is their “Toolbox” – a resource page for writers. Besides including the usual blogroll stuff, they actually have specific helpful “articles” for writers – very cool! See the following on the Toolbox page:
- How to Write a Query Letter
- Ten Commandments of Writing for Children
- Dialogue, Some Basics
- A Bookshelf for Writers & Editors
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Word Count For Novels and Books Explained.
- Agent Jessica Regel of Jean V. Naggar Literary Seeks New Clients.
- Debut Author Interview: Elizabeth Laban (Young Adult Writer and Success Story).
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.