In June 2012, I had the pleasure of presenting at the Crested Butte Writers Conference in Crested Butte, CO. I’m telling you — this cute mountain town is AWESOME. It’s artsy and small and everyone knows each other and everyone bikes everywhere and it’s full of fun characters. What a great town. Sunshine in the summers; skiing in the winters. The only thing I had problem with was the altitude. I set off to run one afternoon and almost passed out after going 0.5 miles. I had to turn Bon Jovi up loud on my iPod just to finish one mile!
The conference itself was fantastic. There were about 75 attendees for the intimate event, and 4 literary agents were in attendance along with editors and authors. There were open readings, panels, sessions, critiques, and more. If you want to plan a summer getaway in 2013, seriously consider this awesome conference. The town is great and the event was amazing.
(See a large list of writers conferences.)
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How To Pitch Agents at Writers’ Conferences.
- 10 Tips For Attending a Writers’ Conference, by Agent Michelle Brower.
- How to Have an Awesome Time at a Writers’ Conference.
- 9 Things I Learned From Reading Other Writers.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
I Will Speak At These Great Writing Events in 2014:
- Jan 11, 2014: Capitol City Writing Retreat (Lansing, MI)
- Feb. 1, 2014: Pennwriters Pittsburgh Chapter Event (Pittsburgh, PA)
- March 28-29, 2014: Northern Colorado Writers Conference (Fort Collins, CO)
- April 11-13, 2014: Missouri Writers Guild Conference (St. Louis, MO)
- May 3, 2014: University of Central Arkansas MFA Literary Event (Little Rock/Conroy, AR)
- June 6-8, 2014: Wyoming Writers Conference (Sheridan, WY)
- July 13-16, 2014: Southeastern Writers Conference (St. Simon’s Island, GA)
- Summer/Fall 2014: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- October 2014: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.