I am a big fan of blog success stories—instances where someone starts a blog that has enough momentum to warrant a book deal. Now there are the big blogs that are almost too big to feel happy for, such FailBlog or F My Life. And then there are middle-of-the-road awesome success stories like Bent Objects, which just make me smile all day long.
The Bent Objects blog was a simple brainchild of Terry Border, who aimed to show people to secret lives of everyday things—while making you laugh. These pictures are absolute genius. It’s a great example of a blog that gained enough of a readership for an agent to come calling. Very cool. It’s a great example that it can be done.
Want more on this subject?
- Literary agents talk blogging, Twitter, and more.
- How to create a simple writer blog.
- So you’ve set up a blog – now what?
- Confused about formatting? Check out Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript.
- Read about What Agents Hate: Chapter 1 Pet Peeves.
- Want the most complete database of agents and what genres they’re looking for? Buy the 2011 Guide to Literary Agents today!