Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring MacKenzie Fraser-Bub of Trident Media Group) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About MacKenzie: Before embarking on her career as a publishing agent at Trident Media, MacKenzie wanted to experience working inside a major publisher, and gain valuable insights on marketing, which she could use later to her clients’ advantage. She became Publishing Manager at Touchstone Books (a division of Simon & Schuster). She worked closely with the sales and marketing departments for a wide-array of bestselling authors, such as Phillipa Gregory, Lisa Unger, Bethanny Frankel, J.A. Jance, and R.L. Stine.
She is seeking: MacKenzie is particularly interested in women’s fiction, romance, upmarket commercial fiction, historical fiction, literary fiction, and YA with cross-over appeal. MacKenzie accepts queries from new and emerging writers. In her own words, “I am actively seeking to build her client list and is particularly interested in women’s fiction. I accept queries from new and emerging writers. What I look for in every genre is a good story, well told.”
How to contact: Send a query letter, pasted in the body of the email, to MFraserBub [at] TridentMediaGroup.com. Your query should include only a paragraph about yourself, a brief plot pitch, and your contact information. Please do not send a manuscript or proposal until you have been requested to do so.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Literary Agent Interview: Michelle Johnson of Inklings Literary. She Seeks New Writers.
- Find Out At Which Conferences Agents Will Take Pitches From New Writers.
- Writing Historical Fiction Based On A Family Story.
- Write the Book You Want to Read.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- How to Use Storyboarding and Plotting Techniques On Your Novel.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.