Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Sara D’Emic of Talcott Notch Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Sara: Sara D’Emic graduated from Emerson College with a B.A. in Writing, Literature, and Publishing, and is happy to be starting her career as an agent with Talcott Notch Literary. Needless to say, she’s passionate about books. Her reading tastes range from Dostoevsky and Dumas to Burroughs and Salinger to Lovecraft and King.
She is seeking: “Compelling characters are the crux of good fiction, and I’m seeking stories that will spark the imagination and the soul. I’m looking for adult horror, urban fantasy, paranormal, magical realism, science fiction, mystery, thriller, or crime fiction. I will also gladly take nonfiction science and technology.”
How to contact: Writers can query her with one-page query plus an attached 10-page sample for fiction, or one-page sample plus attached table of contents at sdemic (at) talcottnotch.net.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Read a query that worked: travel memoir “Hidden Cities.”
- Meet a New Literary Agent Who is Seeking Clients NOW.
- 7 Writing Routines That Work.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- The Elements of a Successful Book Trailer.
- Agent Emma Patterson puts out call for queries.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.