Are you a writer who prefers to pre-plot? Or, do you simply like to jump in and begin writing without much pre-planning? Perhaps you’re just starting out and don’t know your plotting preference? Whatever kind of writer you are, you’re much more likely to finish a fast draft if you have a basic grasp of the dramatic action plot and the character emotional development plot of your stories before you begin writing. You’ll also find that if you do more pre-plotting up-front you’ll have fewer rewrites later.
Martha Alderson works with writers from all over the world. She’ll share with you a simple, visual technique to help you pre-plot your story quickly. You’ll also receive a template to help you organize your time in the actual writing phase. We guarantee you’ll finish a fast draft of your story in a month. Once you assemble the plot items on her checklist and you’ll be ready to begin your one-month writing challenge. It’ all part of her new webinar, “How to Pre-Plot & Complete a Novel or Memoir in a Month” — The Benefits of Writing a Fast Draft from Beginning to End. It all happens at 1 p.m., EST, Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013, and lasts 90 minutes.
ABOUT THE BOOKS YOU’LL GET
All registrants of this special new webinar will receive two ebooks, The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts by Martha Alderson and Write Your Novel in a Month by Jeff Gerke.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to structure your story in preparation of writing a fast draft
- How to pre-plot the dramatic action plot and the character emotional development plot
- The benefits of writing a fast draft from beginning to end
- The importance of reaching the end before beginning again
- Why pre-plotting ensures you’ll finish your story in the allotted time
- The best use of your time to reach your goal
- A checklist of the plot items you’ll need to begin your one-month writing challenge
- How to use the one-month deadline to your advantage. Sign up here for the webinar.
Martha Alderson, aka the Plot Whisperer, is the author of the Plot Whisperer series of books for writers: The Plot Whisperer Book of Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing, The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories – a companion workbook to The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master. She has also written Blockbuster Plots Pure & Simple (Illusion Press) and several ebooks on plot. As an international plot consultant for writers, Martha’s clients include best-selling authors, New York editors, and Hollywood movie directors. She teaches plot workshops to novelists, memoirists, and screenwriters privately, at plot retreats, RWA, SCBWI, CWC chapter meetings, at writers’ conferences and Writers Store where she takes writers beyond the words and into the very heart of a story.
As the founder of December, International Plot Writing Month: http://plotwrimo.com, Martha manages the award-winning blog for writers: http://plotwhisperer.com, awarded by Writers Digest 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. Her vlog, How Do I Plot a Novel, Memoir, Screenplay covers 27 steps to plotting your story from beginning to end: http://www.youtube.com/user/marthaalderson. Follow her on social media: Twitter, facebook, Pinterest.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone with an idea for a novel or memoir
- Writers with an unfinished draft of a story
- Writers looking for a new way to plot and write a story
- Writers who want to challenge themselves
- Writers who have never finished a story all the way through to the end
- Writers who believe they are plot challenged
- Writers who consider themselves “by-the-seat-of-the-pants” writers
- Writers who prefer to have a firm idea of the dramatic action plot and character emotional development plot before beginning to write