About Yassine: Yassine Belkacemi is an agent at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management. He grew up in Glasgow, Scotland, and studied American History and Literature at the University of Edinburgh before crossing the Atlantic to complete a M.A. in American Studies at Columbia University. In between studying and exploring New York, Yassine began interning at Dystel & Goderich in 2011 and soon became increasingly fascinated with the dynamic world of publishing.
He is seeking: any literary fiction that has a transatlantic setting or deals with themes of immigration. He has a deep interest in fiction that is set in the contemporary American West, and is also on the lookout for historical and hardboiled/noir fiction. On the nonfiction side, he is enthusiastic about projects that examine cultural politics, nationalism, pop culture and mass media.
How to Contact: Query him at ybelkacemi [at] dystel.com.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- New Agent Seeking Clients: Emily Gref of Lowenstein Associates.
- New Agent Seeking Clients: Rachel Ekstrom of Irene Goodman Literary.
- New Agent Seeking Clients: Jennifer Azantian of Sandra Dijkstra Literary.
- New Agent Seeking Clients: Paula Munier of Talcott Notch.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.