2013 UPDATE: It appears Yassine is no longer with Dystel.
Do not query him until he lands at a new agency.
About Yassine: Yassine Belkacemi is an agent at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management. He grew up in Glasgow, Scotland, and studied American History and Literature at the University of Edinburgh before crossing the Atlantic to complete a M.A. in American Studies at Columbia University. In between studying and exploring New York, Yassine began interning at Dystel & Goderich in 2011 and soon became increasingly fascinated with the dynamic world of publishing.
He is seeking: any literary fiction that has a transatlantic setting or deals with themes of immigration. He has a deep interest in fiction that is set in the contemporary American West, and is also on the lookout for historical and hardboiled/noir fiction. On the nonfiction side, he is enthusiastic about projects that examine cultural politics, nationalism, pop culture and mass media.
How to Contact: Query him at [removed]. This agent has left this agency.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 5 Rules For Writing Young Adult Fiction.
- Literary Agent Interview: Jen Rofe of Andrea Brown Literary.
- Agent Tina Wexler Explains “6 Ways to Impress an Agent.”
- Agents Talk Trends at an SCBWI Conference.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.