Reminder: New literary agents are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list. This spotlight is for agent Samantha Dighton of D4EO Literary.
About Samantha: Samantha Dighton joined D4EO Literary in September 2012. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Hobart and William Smith Colleges with degrees in Writing & Rhetoric and Dance Theory & Performance Studies. Prior to joining D4EO, she worked at The Sagalyn Agency and as a reader for Curtis Brown. She is based in Washington, D.C.
She is seeking: Sam is looking for character-driven stories with strong voice. She likes characters who are relatable yet flawed, vibrant settings that take on a life of their own, and a story that lasts well beyond the final page, generally falling within the categories below:
-Young adult (realistic)
Please no science fiction, paranormal/urban fantasy, or bodice-ripping romances (though romantic subplots are always welcome!)
(Don’t despair, sci-fi writers! See our growing list of agents who represent science fiction here.)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Literary Agent Interview: Kate Testerman of KT Literary.
- How to Write a Great Opening Line.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Adriana Dominguez of Full Circle Literary.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.