Reminder: New literary agents are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list. This spotlight is for agent Thao Le of Sandra Dijkstra Literary.
About Thao: She is a graduate of the University of California, San Diego with a double major in Econ-Management Science and Chinese Studies. While interning at the agency during college, she realized where her true love lies — books — and joined the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency full-time in 2011.
She is seeking: Thao is currently building her list and is specifically interested in middle grade and YA, as well as adult science-fiction and fantasy. She’s particularly drawn to smart, strong and sassy characters (whether they be robots, fairies, demons or of the human variety) and twisty plots with a compelling narrative. She’s always on the lookout for the type of stories that make you stay curled up in bed, turning page after page even after the sun has come up.
Please note that Thao is specifically not interested in: biographies, business books, cookbooks, picture books, poetry, religious/spiritual books, screenplays, self-help, short stories, travel books
How to contact: thao (at) dijkstraagency.com. “We only accept electronic submissions. Any hardcopy submissions received by mail will be recycled unopened. Please send a query letter, a 1-page synopsis, a brief bio (including a description of your publishing history), and the first 10-15 pages of your manuscript. Please send all items in the body of the e-mail, not as an attachment.”
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- New Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Pooja Menon of Kimberley Cameron & Associates.
- How to Work With a Freelance Editor.
- New Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Pam van Hylckama Vlieg of Larsen Pomada.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- New Literary Agent Seeking Thrillers, Mysteries & More: Lindsey Clemens of Larsen-Pomada.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.