As of May 2016, Tara is no longer listed on the Trident website.
I am not sure she is currently agenting. Do not query her until
you see her listed on the Trident site.
Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Tara Carberry of Trident Media Group) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Tara: Tara Carberry has nurtured a lifelong passion for books of all kinds. In her career as a literary agent, she is thrilled to be spending her days seeking out exceptional authors and helping them to achieve the highest degree of creative and financial success in today’s dynamic publishing marketplace.
Tara completed her undergraduate degree at Bucknell University and went on to earn a Masters degree in English and Comparative Literature from Columbia University. She subsequently held editorial positions at both Weinstein Books and W.W. Norton before coming to Trident to work for Kimberly Whalen and Erica Spellman Silverman.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
At Trident, Tara has worked closely with top agents, editors and many New York Times and internationally bestselling authors to fine tune her skills and interests. Using this experience and working diligently with Trident’s excellent foreign rights, audio rights, and digital services teams, she is poised to help authors form a comprehensive strategy to navigate the challenges and opportunities of the landscape and thrive in their careers. Above all, Tara believes steadfastly in each of her client’s talent and enjoys the work of sharing this talent with readers around the world.
She is seeking: Tara is building a client list of authors at all stages of their careers. She is primarily seeking women’s commercial fiction, romance, new adult, young adult, and select nonfiction.
How to submit: [redacted]
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.