Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Rachel Brooks of L. Perkins Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Rachel: Before joining the L. Perkins Agency, Rachel worked as an agent apprentice to Louise Fury. In addition to her industry training, Rachel has a business degree and graduated summa cum laude with a BA in English from Texas A&M University-CC. Rachel is actively building her client list. Find her on Twitter: @RachMBrooks.
She is seeking: [UPDATE: As per her updated 2015 guidelines on Rachembrooks.com, she is now only seeking adult romance as well as YA. If you previous read on this blog that she seeks other genres, that info is currently outdated. You can always feel free to check her website for more.] She is excited about representing all genres of young adult fiction, as well as adult romance. She’s a fan of dual POVs, loves both print and ebooks, and has a soft spot for marketing-savvy writers.
How to submit: Send a query letter (with an author bio in it) and the first 5 pages of the manuscript pasted into an email (no attachments) to rachel [at] lperkinsagency.com. Please only query one agent at this agency.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- It’s Not a Bad Thing to Write Your Ending First
- Romance vs. Women’s Fiction: The Differences.
- Agent Suzie Townsend Is Seeking Adult Fiction Clients.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- If You’re a Debut Author, Word Count Matters.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.