Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Pam van Hylckama Vlieg of Foreword Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Pam: Pam van Hylckama Vlieg joined Foreword Literary in 2013 after agenting with Larsen Pomada Literary Agents in 2012. Over the past years, Pam has become one of the top YA book bloggers in the country at Bookalicious.org. She also partners her blog with Hicklebee’s, a children’s bookstore in San Jose, CA. Pam writes supernatural YA and MG fiction and is represented by Laurie McLean, also of Larsen Pomada Literary Agents. She lives in the Bay Area of California with her Dutch husband, two children–a boy and a girl the perfect set–a Jack Russell terrier, a bull dog puppy, and a small guinea pig. It is her greatest dream to own a menagerie.
She is seeking: For fiction, Pam is seeking:
- High concept young adult in any genre. Some of Pam’s favorite recent YA books are: The Masque of the Red Death, Cinder, Shadow and Bone, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Small Damages, and Insignia.
- Middle grade in these genres: fantasy, science fiction, dystopian, paranormal, literary. Pam’s recent favorite MG books are: The Peculiar, The Emerald Atlas, Storybound, The Prince Who Fell from the Sky, and Icefall.
- Romance in these categories: historical, fantasy, and erotica. Pam’s favorite romance titles released recently are: Loving Lady Marcia, Be My Prince, Rogue’s Pawn, and The Siren.
- New Adult in all categories will be considered. Pam has enjoyed The Ivy, and Leopard Moon in this genre.
For nonfiction, Pam is seeking: Pop culture and pop science. Send proposal with query.
How to contact: To query please send a query, 1-2 page synopsis, and the first chapter of your manuscript (no attachments) to querypam [at] forewordliterary.com.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Literary Agent Interview: Kate Testerman of KT Literary.
- How to Write a Great Opening Line.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Adriana Dominguez of Full Circle Literary.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.