Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Pam van Hylckama Vlieg of D4EO Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Pam: Pam van Hylckama Vlieg joined D4EO Literary in 2014. Prior to that, she was an agent with Fuse/Foreword Literary and also with Larsen-Pomada Literary Agents. Over the past years, Pam has become one of the top YA book bloggers in the country at Bookalicious.org. She also partners her blog with Hicklebee’s, a children’s bookstore in San Jose, CA. Pam writes supernatural YA and MG fiction and is represented by Laurie McLean, also of Larsen Pomada Literary Agents. She lives in the Bay Area of California with her Dutch husband, two children–a boy and a girl the perfect set–a Jack Russell terrier, a bull dog puppy, and a small guinea pig. It is her greatest dream to own a menagerie.
She is seeking: For fiction, Pam is seeking:
– Adult genre fiction except erotica (erotic romance is okay — including mystery, thriller, and horror.
– Middle Grade
– Young Adult
– New Adult
How to contact: Please paste your query, 1-2 page synopsis, and your first chapter into the body of an email and send to querypamvhv [at] gmail.com. Check out her agency profile page here, because she can close to submissions from time to time.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Literary Agent Interview: Kate Testerman of KT Literary.
- How to Write a Great Opening Line.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Adriana Dominguez of Full Circle Literary.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.