Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Nan Thornton from Zachary Shuster Harmsworth) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Nan: Nan brings more than a dozen years’ experience to Zachary Shuster Harmsworth. A former subsidiary rights assistant at Knopf, Nan has practiced copyright law for the last 12 years, representing authors and their estates as well as Pearson Education, where she was in house counsel for the most recent eight years. As an agent, Nan’s negotiation skills and familiarity with a variety of contracts serves her well. A New York City native, Nan is a graduate of Phillips Academy, Georgetown University, and Vanderbilt Law School. Follow her on Twitter: @thornton_nan
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Nan is seeking: authors working in a broad range of areas, including literary fiction, narrative nonfiction, biography, memoir, and nonfiction in the areas of health, science, business, parenting, and education.
How to submit: Submit a short query letter via form found under “Contacts” at www.zshliterary.com. Select Nan Thornton from the drop-down menu of agent options.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.