Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Maria Vicente of P.S. Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Maria: Maria is an Associate Agent at P.S. Literary Agency. She has a B.A. in English Literature from Carleton University and a B.Ed. from The University of Western Ontario. Her reading preferences vary across categories and she is interested in writers with unique and creative concepts. Maria has a literary blog and can be found on Twitter at @MsMariaVicente.
Categories/Genres: Maria is looking for literary and commercial fiction, new adult, young adult, middle grade, high-concept picture books, and nonfiction proposals in the pop culture, pop psychology, design, and lifestyle categories. She has a particular interest in magical realism, fiction with visual components, and nonfiction inspired by online culture.
Submission Instructions: P.S. Literary only accepts queries via e-mail (query at psliterary.com). Please limit your query to one page and include the following: an introduction (the title and category of your work and an estimated word count), a brief overview (similar to back-cover copy), and a writer’s bio (a little bit about yourself and your background). Do not send attachments or submit a full-length manuscript/proposal unless requested. In your email subject line, have it read “Query for Maria: [Book Title].”
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Agent Marie Lamba Seeks YA, MG, Women’s & Adult Fiction.
- How to Get a Scene From Your Head to Paper.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- 5 Ways to Get Rid of Writer’s Block.
- Blogs vs. Journals: Are They Becoming The Same Thing?
- The story of how young adult sci-fi writer Christian Schoon met his agent.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.