Update 2016: Mackenzie Brady Watson (Mackenzie Brady) is no longer agenting with New Leaf Literary and is now at Stuart Krichevsky Literary Agency. Her submissions and contact info have been updated below.
Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Mackenzie Brady of New Leaf Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Mackenzie Brady: Mackenzie began her publishing career as an intern at Fine Print Literary Management and Farrar, Straus & Giroux. She was an agent with Charlotte Sheedy Literary Agency and New Leaf Literary & Media before joining SKLA in 2016. In addition to being an agent, Mackenzie is also the programming chair for BinderCon (a professional development conference for women and non-gender conforming writers). She grew up outside of Philadelphia and is a graduate of Penn State University.
Follow her on Twitter: @mackenziecbrady.
She is seeking: Mackenzie focuses on narrative non-fiction for all ages and select Young Adult fiction. As a former research scientist, she has a great passion for science books, especially if they are historically driven or revolutionize current theory, as well as sociology, investigative journalism, food writing, memoir, health and wellness, and business books. She particularly appreciates work that sheds light on marginalized experiences and helps contribute to the cultural conversation. On the fiction side, she’s always on the lookout for an original voice and a lot of heart.
How to submit: Please send a query letter and the first few (up to 10) pages of your manuscript or proposal in the body of an email (not an attachment) to email@example.com.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Meet a New Agent Who Seeks Horror, Fantasy and Sci-Fi.
- Be Your Own Book Publicist: book tours, book trailers, videos & more.
- Literary agent @jbdrowley seeks clients NOW.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Why Feedback From Your Target Audience is Important For Writers.
- An interview with CNN Producer Jack Gray about his debut essay collection.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.