Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Louise Buckley of Zeno Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Louise: Before joining the Zeno Agency (a London-based agency) in early 2016, Louise spent six years working as an editor for Pan Macmillan and Dorling Kindersley Publishers. Find her on Twitter: @LouiseMBuckley.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is seeking: In fiction, Louise is looking for compelling protagonists, protagonists that know what they want. She is also looking for novels that ask important questions in a bold and imaginative way. She loves reading all genres, from action-packed thrillers and cozy crime novels, to high-concept science fiction or emotionally powerful young adult. She loves reading epic historical fiction and anything with magic. (See a list of her favorite books online.)
She is not looking for children’s picture books, poetry, or nonfiction.
How to submit: [UPDATED A SECOND TIME] After this post went live, Louise got a flood of submissions, and thus opted to close to submissions today (Tuesday, May 31) to deal with her already-huge slush pile. Do not query her until the agency submission guidelines say the agency is back open. Keep her on your Master List of agents to query, because she will reopen sometime.
- Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19-21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.