Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Kim Blair McCollum of Purcell Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Kim: After thirty-three years as an educator—middle and high school English, German, and journalism—Kim Blair McCollum followed her lifelong dream of becoming a full-time writer in 2006. Through working with young adults who inspired her daily, Kim discovered her love of YA fiction and the issues, which drive their stories. While completing her first novel, Kim immersed herself in writing classes, workshops, and conferences in New York City, Madison, WI, and across the United States. She graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a BA in English and German education. She also received a degree from The Institute of Children’s Literature.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Currently Seeking: Chapter Books, Middle Grade & YA, Realistic Fiction, Coming-of-Age, Sports, Religious, Regional, Special Needs.
How to Submit: [Updated: Upon request, we are updating these guidelines to note that this agent appears to only be open to submissions 2 months out of the year. Do not query her before consulting her official agency website and see if she is open.]
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19-21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.