Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Kaylee Davis of Dee Mura Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Kaylee: Growing up, Kaylee’s lifeline to sanity was the local library where she nurtured her love of all things literary. Kaylee received a B.A. in English Literature and a B.A. in Sociology from Miami University, and she is certified in Copyediting from Emerson College. Recognized for her obsessive-compulsive attention to detail and crazy-fast reading ability, Kaylee joined the Dee Mura Literary team as a professional copyeditor/proofreader, talent scout, and administrative assistant.
She is seeking: “Kaylee is actively seeking to build her client list in the genres of sci-fi, fantasy, speculative fiction, and young adult; bonus points if there are elements of steampunk, coming-of-age, urban fantasy, espionage, social commentary, or counter culture. Kaylee is drawn to exciting, thought-provoking stories with a fresh perspective that explores what it means to be human. She is happy to work with new and emerging writers.”
How to submit: Please send your query with the author’s name and project title in the subject heading. Address Kaylee in your letter’s salutation so they query reaches her. Include the following embedded in the body of the email:
- Short description of the project
- Brief author biography, even if you have no previous publications
- Sample writing: for fiction, the first 25 pages; for nonfiction, an excerpt of the proposal
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Agent Interview: Kristen Nelson, Founder of the PubRants Blog.
- Why Live Readings Can Help Your Writing.
- 4 Factors For Choosing an MFA Program.
- 10 Hidden Gifts of Rejection Letters.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- How Do Book Royalties, Advances and Payments Work?
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.