Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Jessica Watterson of Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Jessica: Jessica Watterson joined SDLA in late 2013, and currently assists Sandra Dijkstra and Elise Capron. She graduated from the University of California at Irvine with a degree in Sociocultural Anthropology and English. Jessica has made books a serious part of her life for many years. During college, she started an indie review blog which has featured author interviews and has reviewed several self-published books that eventually ended up on the New York Times Best Seller list.
She is seeking: Jessica is most interested in all subgenres of adult and new adult romance, and women’s fiction. She is looking for heartfelt and unique romance that will instantly draw a reader in and keep them hooked.
How to submit: Email queries to jessica [at] dijkstraagency.com. “We only accept electronic submissions. Any hardcopy submissions received by mail will be recycled unopened. Please send a query letter, a 1-page synopsis, a brief bio (including a description of your publishing history), and the first 10-15 pages of your manuscript. Please send all items in the body of the e-mail, not as an attachment.”
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Literary Agent Interview: Michelle Johnson of Inklings Literary. She Seeks New Writers.
- Find Out At Which Conferences Agents Will Take Pitches From New Writers.
- Writing Historical Fiction Based On A Family Story.
- Write the Book You Want to Read.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- How to Use Storyboarding and Plotting Techniques On Your Novel.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.