UPDATE: It appears that since I wrote this alert a few weeks back, the
submissions page on the agency website now says “No unsolicited
queries.” You can check that page from time to time, but do not
submit until that notice comes down, or Jacob puts out a specific
call for submissions. Thanks. Check out the rest of our New
Agent Alerts for potential markets to query.
Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Jacob Moore of Zachary Schuster Harmsworth) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Jacob: A summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Sewanee: The University of the South, Jacob Moore was the recipient of the 2008 Aiken Taylor Internship with the Sewanee Review, America’s oldest continuously published literary quarterly. He joined Zachary Shuster Harmsworth in 2012 as an agent in the New York office, where he brings his previous experience as a freelance journalist, editorial director for a PR firm, and in-house editor at ZSH to serve a broad range of projects for a variety of clients.
He is seeking: As an agent, Jacob is particularly committed to working closely with writers to bring their work to a higher editorial level. He is currently looking for journalists, bloggers, academics, Sci Fi/Fantasy writers, playwrights, and memoirists contemplating relevant social and philosophical issues in new and creative ways.
How to submit: See the online submission page.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 8 Things Every Blogging Writer Should Know.
- TWO New Agents at Booker Albert Literary Seek Clients/Writers.
- Keys to Being a Successful Writer? Keep Your Butt in the Chair and Tune Out the Negative.
- Advice on How to Promote and Publicize Your Book.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Looking for Beta Readers and Peer Reviews for Your Work? Seek *Quality,* Not Quantity.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.