2014 Note: Connor switched agencies and is now at Fuse Literary.
Updated, correct submission guidelines are below.
Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Connor Goldsmith of Fuse Literary — formerly of Lowenstein Associates) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Connor: Connor Goldsmith is an agent at Fuse Literary (formerly called Foreword Literary), after first agenting at Lowenstein Associates. He began his career in publishing in the Fall of 2012 at Lowenstein Associates, where he was promoted to Associate Agent in March 2013. Prior to transitioning into the world of books, he spent a year as a full-time intern and relief assistant in the commercial film and television department at Abrams Artists Agency.
Born and raised in New York, Connor lived for a brief stint in the Midwest studying English and the Classics at Oberlin College in Ohio. He is passionate about narrative fiction across all media as a vehicle for social progress, and will receive his Master’s Degree in Media Studies from The New School for Public Engagement in May 2014.
Connor is seeking: In Fiction, Connor is seeking Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror, Thrillers, ‘Upmarket’ Commercial Fiction, and Literary Fiction with a unique and memorable hook. He is especially interested in books by and about people from marginalized perspectives, such as LGBT people and/or racial minorities. Connor does not represent Young Adult, Middle Grade, or Children’s manuscripts at this time.
In Nonfiction, Connor is only seeking authors who are recognized experts with established platforms. Fields of interest include history (particularly of the ancient world), theater, cinema, music, television, mass media, popular culture, feminism and gender studies, LGBT issues, race relations, and the sex industry. He is not interested in unsolicited memoir submissions.
How to contact: “To query Connor, please send your query letter, a 1-2 page plot synopsis, and the first ten pages of your manuscript to queryconnor [at] fuseliterary.com [NOTE THAT THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN UPDATED SINCE THE POST WENT LIVE]. Please paste all content into the body of the email; attachments will not be opened. Please allow up to eight weeks’ response time. The enormous volume of queries received means that, unfortunately, not every author will receive personal feedback, but every query that follows the submission guidelines will receive a response.”
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- It’s Not a Bad Thing to Write Your Ending First
- Romance vs. Women’s Fiction: The Differences.
- Agent Suzie Townsend Is Seeking Adult Fiction Clients.
- Do You Need Multiple Agents If You Write Multiple Genres?
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- If You’re a Debut Author, Word Count Matters.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.