Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Claire Anderson-Wheeler of Regal Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Claire: Claire Anderson-Wheeler is the newest agent to join the team at Regal Literary Management. Prior to that she worked at Anderson Literary Management in New York, and at Christine Green Authors’ Agent in London, UK. She holds an LLB from Trinity College, Dublin, and a Masters in Creative Writing from the University of East Anglia, UK. Claire is Irish, was born in DC, and grew up in Dublin, Geneva, and Brussels. For more on Claire’s tastes, you can read an online interview here.
She is seeking: YA with a strong voice (realistic or high-concept), works of narrative non-fiction and pop culture/pop psychology, literary fiction, and commercial women’s fiction driven by strong contemporary issues.
How to submit: Please email your query letter, attaching a full synopsis (i.e. please include spoilers) and the first three chapters as MS Word documents. Thanks! Send to submissions [at] regal-literary.com, and put “Query for Claire: [Title]” in the subject line.
What could be better than one guide on crafting
fiction from wise agent Donald Maass? Two books!
We bundle them together at a discount in our shop.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Word Counts Explained: How Long Should a Book Be?
- Notes to the First-Time Novelist.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Sara D’Emic of Talcott Notch.
- Your Novel’s Missing Ingredient? It Could be YOU.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.