2013 UPDATE: It appears Brenda is no longer with Dystel.
Do not query her.
Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Brenna Barr of Dystel & Goderich Literary Management) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Brenna: Brenna Barr joined Dystel & Goderich Literary Management after a gratifying internship at the Carolyn Jenks Agency in Cambridge, MA. When the internship came to an end, she stayed on to become Assistant to the Director. In that time, Brenna also explored the surprisingly lucrative real estate industry as a Rental Agent and Administrative and Marketing Assistant. After 6 years in Boston, she moved back to New York in 2011 to further foster her lifelong dream of a publishing career. (She has a longer personal essay online.)
She is seeking: Brenna is attracted to true crime/adventure, the occult, humor, historical pop culture, and social issues. Regarding fiction, she is enthusiastic about graphic novels, steampunk, and alternative literature. Having recently been diagnosed with multiple food intolerances, she’s also interested in cookbooks that take these issues into account.
How to contact: [Contact info redacted.]
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How can we find more time to write? 6 tips for moms (& busy people).
- Looking for an agent? Author Jolina Petersheim explains finding hers.
- Agent Roz Foster seeks clients now.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- 7 Ways a Writing Career is Like a Theme Park.
- Writing sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers, romance or YA? Query this agent!
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.