Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Anna Worrall of The Gernert Company) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Anna: Anna is the Director of Marketing and Social Media and a literary agent at The Gernert Company, which she joined in 2010. After graduating from NYU with a degree in history, she worked in the marketing department at an academic publisher in her native Philadelphia before moving to Hungary, where she taught conversational English and traveled extensively. Twitter: @annaworrall
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Currently Seeking: She’s looking to represent smart women’s literary and commercial fiction, psychological thrillers, and narrative nonfiction.
How to Submit: Queries by e-mail should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your letter which agent you are querying. You can visit the OUR TEAM section of the website to get a sense of who might be a good fit for your work. If you have previously corresponded with one of their agents and choose to query another, please let them know of any communication history in your letter. Please do not send e-mails directly to individual agents, even if their email addresses are available elsewhere online. The agency asks that you do not phone the office regarding unsolicited manuscripts for any reason.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19-21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.