It appears that Andy’s 2013 openness to queries is hit and miss. You will likely want to check up on him via the Hartline website to see if he has made any announcements.
About Andy: Andy Scheer, an agent at the Hartline Literary Agency, has a wealth of experience as a publishing professional with over 18 years as the managing editor of Moody Magazine, 8 years as the managing editor for the Christian Writer’s Guild, and as a freelance writer and editor. He is a frequent instructor at writing conferences around the country. A journalism graduate from Colorado State University, he also attended Denver Seminary. The entire Hartline Literary team blogs here.
(Look at more Christian agents.)
He is seeking: “I’m looking for a select few, outstanding projects that grab me and won’t let me go until I place them with a publisher. For fiction, this means a memorable blend of characters, setting, and storyline—delivered with carefully crafted prose. For nonfiction, a unique way of addressing a real need with an authority readers will recognize. And for both, the individual’s desire to grow in the craft of writing and to undertake the required discipline to promote their work for others’ benefit.”
How to submit: andy (at) hartlineliterary.com. More submission instructions can be found on the agency website.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- New Agent Seeking Clients: Emily Gref of Lowenstein Associates.
- New Agent Seeking Clients: Rachel Ekstrom of Irene Goodman Literary.
- New Agent Seeking Clients: Jennifer Azantian of Sandra Dijkstra Literary.
- New Agent Seeking Clients: Paula Munier of Talcott Notch.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.