Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Rachael Dugas of Talcott Notch Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Rachael: Rachael Dugas (@RachaelDugas on Twitter) joined Talcott Notch Literary as an associate agent in June 2011. She earned her BA in English from Ithaca College in 2010 and worked as an intern at Sourcebooks and at online food magazine www.poortastemag.com before assuming her current position.
She is seeking: Rachael represents cookbooks and young adult, middle grade, and adult fiction in the contemporary, paranormal, women’s, and romance genres. She would love to receive more cookbooks (especially with a unique perspective, distinct voice and sense of place, and stellar marketing platform), beautifully written historical and/or literary fiction, really terrific memoir, and fun, contemporary YA or adult fiction, especially pertaining to food or the performing arts.
How to contact: The best way to reach Rachael is via editorial (at) talcottnotch.net, with ATTN: Rachael Dugas somewhere in the subject line (and we ask you do include your first 10 pages in the body of the email). Please visit www.talcottnotch.net for additional information regarding submissions.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 5 Tips For Writing a First Draft.
- Agent Kaylee Davis (Dee Mura Lit) seeks clients.
- Writing inspirational or self-help? See a success story here.
- “What Would Aaron Sorkin Do?”
- Author Julie Kibler Explains How She Found Her Agent, Elisabeth Weed.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.