Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Paul Lucas of Janklow & Nesbit Associates) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Paul: He joined Janklow & Nesbit Associates in 2007 and began representing authors in 2010.
He is seeking: He is interested in a wide variety of commercial and literary fiction, as well as specific nonfiction. In fiction, he enjoys both character and plot driven novels but it’s important to him for the storytelling to be clear and accessible. In genre fiction, he is looking for thrillers, spy, science fiction and fantasy genre writing, as well as literary novels. He appreciates a literary bent, subverting genre and darker, conflicted characters. Finally, he loves historical fiction and war novels. For nonfiction, he is interested in representing popular science books, new ways of exploring the major sports and narrative histories. (He does not represent romance, westerns, women’s fiction, memoir, self-help, children’s or picture books.)
How to submit: Please send attach the first 3 chapters of your book, a synopsis and brief bio to your queries and send them to plucas (at) janklow (dot) com.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- NEW agent Christa Heschke seeks clients now.
- 5 Tips to Help You Make Your Deadline.
- Meet a YA Memoir Debut Author.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- If You’re Not Sure If Your Novel is Ready, That Means It’s Not Ready.
- The More You Will It, The Better Your Chances: An Inspirational Story.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.