Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Logan Garrison of The Gernert Company) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Logan: Logan joined the Gernert Company in 2010 after three years as an English and Musical Theatre teacher at Northern High School in Durham, North Carolina. A native of the South and a graduate of both the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University, Logan currently lives in Brooklyn
Logan is seeking: Kids fiction for children and young adults.
How to contact: Please send a query letter, either by mail or e-mail and a sample chapter if appropriate. Please do not send e-mails to individual agents; use firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which agent you’re querying (Logan). If sending by mail (136 East 57th Street, New York, NY 10022), please include a SASE for response; if you’d like all the materials returned, please include a SASE with sufficient postage for all of it. Though we promise to do our very best, we are not responsible for the loss of materials sent to us and cannot guarantee their return, even with a SASE.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 5 Lies Unpublished Writers Tell Themselves.
- What if Multiple Agents Want Your Work?
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Writers: Stephen Barr of Writers House.
- 18 Easy Steps to Becoming a Writer.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.