2014 UPDATE: Judith is no longer with Lisa Dawson Associates.
Do not query her.
Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Judith Engracia of Liza Dawson Associates) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Judith: She is a new literary agent building her client list at Liza Dawson Associates. She also runs the OmNomNom Books blog. She was interviewed on the Literary Rambles blog as well as the Random Thoughts Blog.
She is seeking: literary fiction, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, thrillers, mysteries, YA, and MG.
How to submit: She is no longer with LDA. Do not query her.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How to Research a Novel: 7 Tips.
- Agent Interview: Joanna Volpe of New Leaf Literary Seeks Fiction for Kids and Adults.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Consider a Word Count Goal Every Time You Sit to Write.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.